>> From London to Sydney to Miami, this week's best-dressed is a colorful bunch. See who's wearing what — and where — in the slideshow.
It's been an action-packed year for Wendi Murdoch, who grabbed headlines when she slapped away a pie headed for her husband, Rupert, in the British parliament. As her media mogul husband continues to deal with a wiretapping scandal, Wendi came out to support other famous women at last night's Glamour Women of the Year Awards. We chatted with her on the red carpet, and asked Wendi how she'd describe this past year. "It's not easy," she admitted laughing nervously. "It's eventful. And it's exciting. It's interesting. We survive."
As for woman-of-the-year winner Jennifer Lopez, Wendi admitted that she loves J Lo on American Idol, a show that airs on Fox, a network her husband owns. Watch a good-spirited Wendi open up in our interview below.
In parliament yesterday, Rupert Murdoch's wife, Wendi, saved her husband from a pie in the face and gave the pie attacker a piece of her mind by slapping him on the head. Now we're all wondering, who is this bombshell behind the billionaire, and how is she so awesome? Well, here are 10 things to know about the smart, pie-in-the-face avenger that is Wendi Murdoch.
- Wendi Deng Murdoch was born Deng Wen Ge in China but changed her name to Wendi Deng when she was a teenager.
- She came to the US on a student visa in 1988.
- Wendi enrolled in Guangzhou Medical College when she was only 16 years old.
- She played volleyball when she was young.
- She went to Yale Business School.
- Her work résumé includes Fox TV and Myspace China.
- Wendi's relationship with her first husband, Jake Cherry, began while she was a student living with his family.
- She was married to Jake, 30 years her senior, for two and a half years.
- Wendi met Rupert Murdoch in 1997 when she was 29 years old and he was 66.
- Wendi and Rupert have been married for 12 years and have two children together, Grace and Chloe.
Rupert Murdoch's wife, Wendi, leapt out of her seat today when a man hurled what looked like a pie at her husband during his testimony in Britain's parliament. As the attack on the 80-year-old News Corps CEO went down, Wendi made contact with the attacker in the slap seen 'round the world. "Wendi Murdoch" has now reached worldwide Twitter trending topic status.
The scene in the British parliament was already tense today as Rupert Murdoch and his son James came to testify about their role in the News of the World phone hacking scandal. During the questioning, Rupert's wife, Wendi, sat seething right behind him, but she was ready to go at the sign of danger. Left-wing activist and comedian Jonnie Marbles is taking credit for the attack, and whoever did it will likely face assault charges. Watch it go down above.