Memorial Day weekend is almost here, kicking off the Summer and a time to celebrate our servicemen and women. Make your day off from the daily grind special by getting crafty with your kids and creating something patriotic to display in your home. From seriously simple activities to projects that are perfect for older tots, this roundup of red, white, and blue crafts is perfect for showing your love of the great USA.
If your road trip copilot is your pet, it's important that he's comfortable and secure for the long haul. While you can hit the McDonald's drive-through, he's going to be more difficult to please (though no dog I know has ever turned down a french fry). We've rounded up our top picks to keep him happy, safe, and motion sickness-free when you hit the blacktop for your long weekend adventure.
Source: Flickr User wsilver
There are few foods as universally loved by kids as much as cheeseburgers. But you don't have to bust out the grill to enjoy them all year-round — just broil, panfry, or even bake them for a quick and easy dinner. We've rounded up some tasty variations on the classic ooey-gooey patties that cook up in a snap, making cheeseburgers a great weeknight meal. Click through for some of our favorite takes on the classic burger!
If you and your pup find yourselves with time on your hands today, then celebrate and make it a play day! There are plenty of outdoor activities to take part in, even if Labor Day traditionally signals the end of Summer. Take a cue from one of these outside playdate ideas, or take your best friend on one of your favorite outings. Whatever your choice, get out and have some fun!
This long Labor Day weekend, many of us have been taking advantage of the Summer sun, finally getting to that home renovation, or maybe just relaxing. No matter what you're doing, busy holidays may mean taking a break from your grueling workout routine. Not to worry, your leisure time can still be a Summer calorie burner. Find out how many calories your holiday plans have been whittling away. All calculations are based on a 130-pound woman unless otherwise noted.
Source: Flickr User owlhere
It's always nice to get a Monday off to relax and run errands. But no matter what your Labor Day activities are, make sure you stay healthy with these tips.
- If you're at the movies, steer clear of the 1,000-calorie popcorn bucket and use these tips for eating healthy at the movie theater.
- Barbecue-hopping? It can be tempting to dip and dip (and dip), not to mention decide on having the hot dog and the cheeseburger, but if you're watching calories, make sure you read our 45 tips, tricks, and recipes for a healthy barbecue.
- If you're celebrating with a decadent brunch, making these simple brunch swaps will save calories without leaving you feeling deprived.
- If you're enjoying a late-Summer camping trip, enjoying your natural surrounding can inspire you to get active, so do it! Don't just sit around the campsite eating and drinking — make sure you take time to go for a swim or hike.
- On a road trip? Finding low-calorie snacks on the road can be difficult, so if you haven't packed any healthy road-trip snacks, make the right decision by opting for these healthiest convenience-store snacks.
- If a beach trip is in your plans, don't rely on the greasy options at the snack shack. We've got a few healthy, homemade beach snacks that you'll love to make and eat!
Labor Day is this weekend, which means a day off to spend with friends and family. Whether heading to a gathering or lounging around the house, this holiday is the unofficial end of Summer and a big day to get out the grill and spend a few hours basting something good with barbecue sauce. Knowing that kids aren't always the most adventurous eaters, we gathered up some good eats that will make your Labor Day perfect. Click through for the perfect dish to try at your all-ages Labor Day event!
The long weekend is here, and some of you are ready to take advantage of the Labor Day sales. Whether it's to pick up clothing, electronics, or back-to-school items, check out some of the great Labor Day deals that are going on right now. Don't miss out on these discounts!
Worker bees, rejoice: In celebration of the many countless hours spent glued to your desk, this weekend has been extended to allow some extra time for rest and relaxation. And what better occasion than Labor Day to take a look back at some of the best office-oriented fashion editorials in recent memory? If art imitates life, then these imaginative images perfectly capture the bold-shouldered, power-suited silhouettes designers have offered up as workwear in the past few seasons.
Source: T Magazine