It's Halloween at the office today, and I threw on a costume at the last moment that I didn't have to spend a dime on. Turns out, there are plenty of savvy costumes around Sugar HQ as well. Lots of us used items we had lying around the house — it's really fun to see how creative all of us can be on a budget! Check out these last-minute costumes (some Sugar-inspired ones) you can throw together at the eleventh hour and still look great!
- Kid in Pajamas: Wear PJs, pigtails, minimal makeup, and slippers and carry a stuffed toy. That's my costume this year, and I'm loving how comfortable I feel.
- Sugar Inc. CEO Brian Sugar: The sales team dressed up as Brian Sugar clones today and are wearing his trademark jeans, vest, collared long-sleeve shirt, and sneakers. Stick a nametag on that says "Brian Sugar" and you're good to go!
- 1950s Homemaker: Melody from FabSugar dressed up as a cute vintage homemaker with rubber gloves, spatula, pearls, floral apron, cat-eye glasses, and dish towel. Betty Draper, you have some tough competition!
- Nicole Richie: Put on big sunglasses, floppy hat, bohemian shirt, and neck scarf, and you're set. Katie from PopSugar looks so Nicole Richie-esque. She even cleverly toted around Richie's Priceless: A Novel book as well.
- PopSugar's Retail Therapy Avatar: Addicted to PopSugar's Retail Therapy game on Facebook? Molly from PopSugar is! All you need is a cute paper bag and a stylish outfit. Molly's pièce de résistance is a label with her name on it, which she stuck on top of a headband. Don't you think she makes a great avatar?
For some non-Sugar HQ costume ideas, read on!
- Facebook: Write the word "book" on your face, just like Jim from The Office, and tah-dah! You're the billion-dollar social media networking site! Add to your outfit by wearing navy-colored clothes to show off Facebook's official colors.
- God's Gift to Men/Women: On Outsourced last night, Todd said he dressed up as "God's gift to women" for last year's Halloween. This is such a no-brainer costume. Look really hot, and tie a ribbon around yourself. Finally, attach a tag that says God's gift to men or women (depending on which gender you want to bestow your beauty upon!).
- Ghost: This is a suggestion from a reader, but if you want to be ghostly this Halloween, cut holes out of a bed sheet and throw it over yourself.
- Static Cling: Reader suggests going as static cling and says all you need to do is "pin a bunch of socks and other laundry items to yourself" and "hand out Bounce sheets all day."