Bringing a bit of character to your workspace can be a great way to kick-start your creativity, so we've come up with some simple, affordable tips to inspire you. Mix and match these easy tips to decorate your desk:
- Book stacks. Bring a few coffee table books to work — or even issues of your favorite magazines — and use the pile to prop up your computer in a fun, unexpected way.
- Etsy prints. Find an affordable office-themed Etsy print to add a cheeky, creative touch to your workspace.
- Concert memorabilia. Consider yourself a total music junkie? Gather your old concert tickets and posters and photos from memorable shows to create a cool collage. Another idea: put your favorite record on a small stand as a simple, personal accent.
- DIY poster. Upload one of your best snaps to a photo editing website like PicMonkey to add creative, artsy effects, then order a poster-size version of the image and have it framed for your wall.
- Seat pillow. Buy a small patterned throw pillow in your favorite shades to add comfort and personality to your office chair. Don't need the extra cushion? Find a bright wrist rest to set in front of your keyboard instead.
- Desktop calendar. Shop for a colorful, playful calendar to decorate your space, or create your own calendar using photos of friends and family — a unique, practical way to display photos.
- Postcards. Collect postcards during your travels to create a simple collage of all your favorite places. Prefer a more vintage look? Shop on Etsy for old postcards from around the world.
- Knickknacks. Love travel souvenirs? Have a quirky collection that inspires you? Grab a handful of small, meaningful knickknacks to display on your desk.
- Colorful supplies. When in doubt, invest in bright, chic office supplies to liven up your space. Whether it's a neon green stapler or a bold, red journal, colorful desk accessories are an easy way to cheer up your workday.