Instead of letting pots and pans take up sink space sitting and soaking, for day 23 of the 31 days of Spring cleaning DIYs challenge, attack baked-on dishes with homemade eco-friendly soft scrub. Along with cleaning your pans without harsh chemicals or scratching scrubbers, this concoction works easily and leaves dirty dishes clean without causing them any harm. And this soft scrub only costs pennies to make with ingredients you probably have in your pantry.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons castile soap
- 1/4 cup water
- Plastic squeeze bottle
- Funnel (optional)
- All you need for this fantastic cleaning solution are baking soda and castile soap. You can find pure castile soap at any health food store, but this soft scrub works wonderfully using your favorite dish soap too.
- Measure and add the baking soda to a plastic squeeze bottle, using a funnel if needed.
- Top the baking soda with the castile soap. Castile soap comes in a variety of scents, which makes selecting your favorite smell a fun way to personalizes the soft scrub.
- Slowly add the water and use a chopstick to mix the mixture together until it resembles a gritty glue consistency, adding more water as needed.
- Top the squeeze bottle, and you're ready to wash the dishes. Use with a homemade pot scrubber to really tackle tough pots and pans.
Want more homemade concoctions? Check out our list of favorites!