Save some cash while being eco-clean by making your own homemade window cleaner. Instead of dirty, streaky windows, you'll enjoy the view through your freshly cleaned panes that smell wonderful to boot. This eco-friendly window-cleaning solution only costs pennies to make — and you probably have the ingredients on hand.
Read on for the directions.
What You'll Need:
- Spouted measuring cup
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Spray bottle
- Essential oil (optional)
- Gather the ingredients for the window cleaner. Measure and mix together the water and vinegar in a spouted measuring cup, which makes the finished cleaning solution easy to pour into a spray bottle.
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice, which helps clean windows while leaving a fresh scent. You can also add a few drops of your favorite essential oil, such as rosemary, lavender, or vanilla, to scent the window cleaner. Or add a slice of fresh lemon or orange for extra zing.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a new spray bottle, or rinse and dry an old bottle, repurposing it for your homemade window cleaner.
- Simply spray on windows, and wipe clean using a dry paper towel.