Keep windows clean with natural ingredients with day 14 of our 31 Days of Spring Cleaning DIYs challenge. Along with saving some cash, you'll enjoy the view through your freshly cleaned panes that smell wonderful to boot. Made with ingredients you probably already have on hand, this eco-friendly window-cleaning solution leaves windows streak free.
What You'll Need:
- Spouted measuring cup
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Spray bottle
- Essential oil (optional)
- Gather the ingredients for the window cleaner. Measure and mix together the water and vinegar in a spouted measuring cup, which makes the finished cleaning solution easy to pour into a spray bottle.
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice, which helps clean windows while leaving a fresh scent. You can also add a few drops of your favorite essential oil, such as rosemary, lavender, or vanilla, to scent the window cleaner. Or add a slice of fresh lemon or orange for extra zing.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a new spray bottle, or rinse and dry an old bottle, repurposing it for your homemade window cleaner.
- Simply spray on windows, and wipe clean using a dry paper towel.
For more cleaning products like this, check out our list of eco-friendly DIYs!