Read on for the ingredients.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup liquid castile soap
- 1 cup hot water
- 10 drops essential oil (optional)
- Squeeze bottle
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measure and add the baking soda to a large bowl along with the liquid castile soap, which you can find at your local health food store.
- If you'd like to personalize the scent of your commode cleaner, then add several drops of essential oil. Eucalyptus, lemon, orange, or rosemary give this cleaner a lovely scent and are also antibacterial. Measure and add the hydrogen peroxide to the mixture, which is a natural whitener.
- Now measure and slowly add the hot water, whisking gently until things are incorporated. Get ready for some action, and add the vinegar. Give things a stir until the foaming stops.
- Use a funnel to carefully add the toilet bowl cleaner to a squeeze-top bottle, and you're ready to tackle that bathroom!
- Squeeze the cleaner under the rim of your commode, and let it do its job for five to 10 minutes. Give a quick scrub with a toilet bowl brush, then flush.