Instead of spending cash for floor wipes that end up getting tossed in the trash, make your own that work with any type of floor-sweeper mop. Once they've had a spin around your home, these cloth wipes can be tossed in the washing machine for many more uses. And you can make eight reusable wipes for under $2, which is seriously savvy. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil, transforming these little helpers into a splendid way to freshen your home while cleaning.
Keep reading for the directions.
DIY Reusable Floor Wipes From POPSUGAR Smart Living
What You'll Need:
- Seal-able rectangular container
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid dish soap
- 8 cotton cloths
- Gather the ingredients to create the homemade wipes. You can find cotton cleaning cloths at the dollar store and seal-able plastic containers.
- Mix together the water, vinegar, alcohol, lemon juice, and dish soap in the container.
- Now measure and trim the cotton clothes as needed to fit your floor mop. Even folding the clothes in half may make them just right.
- Individually fold the cloths to fit the plastic container, and then stack, absorbing the floor-washing solution.
- Seal the container so the wipes stay damp and are ready when needed. If the cloths dry out between uses, then simply moisten with a bit of water.
- When it's time to give your floor a quick wash, remove a wipe from the container, press them into the corner holes of your mop, and you're ready to go. Just toss in the washing machine when done.
These cleaning wipes are best used on linoleum or tile floors.