Read on for the directions.
What You'll Need:
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon Borax
- 1 tablespoon washing soda
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup liquid castile soap
- 10 drops essential oil (optional)
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Plastic or glass container
- Gather the ingredients needed for making the liquid dish soap. Both of the main ingredients, Borax and washing soda, can be found in the laundry aisle of your local grocery store. Borax is a powerhouse that will leave your dishes seriously clean, and washing soda gives this liquid dish soap extra grease-fighting power.
- Measure and add the Borax and washing soda to the mixing bowl along with the liquid castile soap and white vinegar. You can find pure castile soap at your local health food store, and it comes in a variety of scents. We used lavender, which gave our dishwashing liquid a light floral scent. Vinegar helps clean dishes and is a natural antibacterial.
- Boil the water and then slowly add in the ingredients, using a whisk to gently incorporate. You can also add a few drops of your favorite essential oil at this time to personalize the scent of the liquid dish soap.
- Let the soap come to room temperature before adding to your container. It will thicken as it cools.
- Now you are ready to tackle the dishes! This eco-friendly liquid dish soap does a great job at cleaning baked-on pans and leaves glasses spotless. It doesn't suds a ton and isn't harsh on hands.