If your garbage disposal isn't as fresh as it should be, then drop in one of these homemade refreshers for a quick fix. Made with lemon peel and baking soda, these little rounds pack a serious cleaning punch while costing only a few dollars to make. And they look darn cute in a glass jar next to your sink.
Keep reading for the easy directions.
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid dish soap
- 1 lemon
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- Small spoon or scoop
- Sealable glass jar
- Gather the ingredients for making the garbage disposal refreshers. Measure and add the baking soda and salt to a small mixing bowl, and give a stir, ensuring the mixture isn't lumpy.
- Now grate the lemon peel into the mixture along with adding the liquid dish soap.
- Slice the lemon in half, and squeeze the juice into the mixture. Continue stirring and adding juice until the mixture resembles course sand.
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper, use a small spoon or scoop to mold the half rounds, and then tap them out onto the pan. A rounded teaspoon measuring spoon works wonderfully. Continue molding the refreshers until the mixture is gone. Allow to dry overnight.
- Place the dried garbage disposal refreshers in a sealable container. When your sink isn't smelling fresh, simply place a few in the disposal, and flip the switch.
Want to make more of your cleaning products? Check out this list of cleaning DIYs.