Cleaning the bathroom can turn into a toxic ordeal — and we're not talking about the dirty mess. Most of the cleaners available contain bleach and other harsh chemicals, making the bathroom hazardous for simply breathing while cleaning. For day 21 of our 31 days of Spring-cleaning DIYs challenge, mix together a natural rock-star cleaning solution that will whiten your grout and clean your tub and bathroom tile without the need for a mask and goggles while scrubbing.
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide
- 1 teaspoon liquid dish soap
- Simply mix together the baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and dish soap in a small squeeze-top container. Hydrogen peroxide is a natural whitener and cleaner, while baking soda helps scrub away stains and hard water buildup.
- Squeeze the mixture on grout or tile that is in need of a good cleaning and leave it on the area for five minutes. Or squeeze onto a soft sponge and use for cleaning your tub or bathroom shower tiles.
- Scrub then wipe away the cleaning mixture, rinsing with water. For deeper cleaning, allow the rock-star natural bathroom cleaner to sit for several minutes, or use a second application.
For more eco-friendly products, check out this list of DIYs!