Complaining about your co-workers to your office's or department's hiring manager is only acceptable when the issue is actually intrusive and hinders your ability to be an effective employee. Some workers have interesting ideas of what managers care to spend their time deliberating, and CareerBuilder gave these office referees a chance to vent by asking them about the strangest employee complaints they'd received.
I'm convinced that some employees are just bored, and some are really meant to work by themselves at home. Check out the top 20 complaints below; which do you think are the strangest?
- Employee is too suntanned.
- Employee has big hair.
- Employee eats all the good cookies.
- Employee is so polite, it’s infuriating.
- Employee suspected co-worker is a pimp.
- Employee is trying to poison me.
- Employee’s body is magnetic and keeps de-activating my magnetic access card.
- Employee is personally responsible for a federally mandated tax increase.
- Employee was annoyed the company didn’t provide a place for naps during break time.
- Employee only wears slippers or socks at work.
See 10 more complaints when you read more.
- Employee’s aura is wrong.
- Employee smells like road ramps.
- Employee breathes too loudly.
- Employee wants to check a co-worker for ticks.
- 8:00 a.m. is too early to get up for work.
- Employee wore pajamas to work.
- Employee has bells on her shoes, and it’s not the holidays.
- Co-worker reminded the employee too much of Bambi.
- Employee spends too much time caring for stray cats around the building.
- A male employee keeps using the ladies’ room because the men’s room is not as tidy.