Since it's cold out, staying at home is always a good idea. And it has its perks. Not only can you get a lot done, you will also be able to save money since home entertainment is mostly free. Here are some ideas to while away your time in your humble abode:
- Watch cute animal YouTube videos.
- Tackle your garden and grow your own greens.
- Clean your home, and you'll feel a lot better coming home to it.
- If you have an instrument, then take it out and play it.
- Watch old DVDs around the home.
- Work out to an exercise DVD if you have one.
- Do a newspaper crossword puzzle.
- Reread old favorites.
- Organize your room, and make it look fresh by moving furniture around.
- Webcam with someone far away.
- Catch up on recorded shows.
- Shop your pantry, and create a meal from your leftovers.
- Upcycle something  you're about to throw away into something new and beautiful.
- Shop your closet and create new outfits from clothing you've forgotten.
- Put a puzzle together.
- Watch the sunset from your window.
- Paint a portrait or a scene.
- Create a collage from your photos .
- Make a shadow box  from your souvenirs.
- Start an Instagram account for your pet.
- Create a blog on a topic you're passionate about.
- Catch up on the latest news.
- Give yourself a manicure and pedicure. Try out some cool nail art.
- Write a letter (remember those?) to someone you miss.
- Create a playlist of your favorite songs.
- Run a bubble bath.
- Experiment with a new hair or makeup style.
- Learn how to code .
- Brush up on or learn a foreign language.
- Plan your next trip.
- Create a bucket list.
- Make your own natural cleaning products  from household items.
- Watch a TED Talk .
- Listen to a podcast.
- Make s'mores.
- Write in your journal.
- Find lots of great ideas and projects to do on Pinterest .
- Write thank-you cards.
- Try to replicate a restaurant recipe.
- Give yourself a facial.
- Write a poem.
- Review restaurants on Yelp.
- Review books on GoodReads or Amazon.
- Photoshop your photos.
- Dry flowers to make potpourri .
- Figure out if you can turn your hobby into a money-maker .
- Research your ancestry  online.
- Create an online photo gallery to send to loved ones who are far away.
- Invite friends to play board games.
- Learn how to quilt.
- Write the next great American novel.
- Surf Reddit .
- Check out answers to your burning questions on Quora .
- Create a time capsule .
- Turn your favorite Instagram photos into canvas prints .
- Sharpie a design  onto a mug.
- Organize a book-club meeting to talk about your favorite books.
- Use the downtime today to explore the apps world, and take advantage of all the free apps available.
- Look at different recipes online, and bookmark your favorites.
- Make this rum spice aftershave  for him.
- Spray-paint old jars to turn them into chic containers  to decorate your home with.
- Sort items to give away to friends.
- Mix some cocktails to try.
- Bake cookies.
- Attempt to make a cronut .
- Play a favorite video game.
- Listen to the radio and croon along.