Feeling a little down? Perhaps these facts sourced from reddit will add a smile to your face and make a world of a difference to your mood. Here are some happy facts to brighten up your day.
1. The actor who is the voice of Winnie the Pooh calls up children in cancer wards to cheer them up.
Redditor SirNerd says voice actor Jim Cummings puts on Winnie the Pooh's voice and tells the children how much he loves them and how brave they are.
2. Penguins mate for life, and they propose by giving their prospective mate a pebble.
Apparently a male penguin spends a lot of time looking for the best pebble to give to his special lady.
Read on for more bursts of joy.
3. A 6-year-old applied for a job at a railroad museum and was hired as its director of fun.
In his letter he wrote, "I have an electric train track. I am good on my train track. I can control two trains at once."
4. Every year, hundreds of new trees are planted because squirrels forget where they bury their nuts.
5. Cows have BFFs.
They get stressed when separated from their best friends.
6. This smiley animal exists.
It's called a quokka. It's the size of a cat, and it lives in Australia.
7. There's an island called Okunoshima in Japan filled with tame bunnies.
Also, a group of bunnies is called a fluffle.
8. Blind people smile even if they haven't seen a smile before.
It's a natural human expression.
9. The actors who voiced Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse were married in real life.
Wayne Allwine and Russi Taylor were married in real life. Both of them were named Disney legends in 2008.
10. Katy Perry has a cat called Kitty Purry.
11. There is an uninhabited island called Pig Beach in the Bahamas where pigs swim around all day.
12. You used to be part of a star.
Read more about it here. This means we are all "out of this world."
13. Because red pandas.
14. Otters hold hands when they sleep so they won't drift away from the group.
15. Whatever you're upset about right now will eventually pass. And that's a fact.