- "The single, most important thing people can do now to control their career destiny is to get crystal clear on the value they offer to prospective employers. Once this is accomplished, the next priority is to learn how to articulate this value, along with the tangible results they can produce." — Ford Myers
- "Treat your job search like a full-time job. Work at it 35-40 hours a week for optimal results." — Barbara Safani
- "It's not the most qualified that gets the job; it's the one who knows best how to market the qualifications he or she has." — Dan King
Get more job search advice when you read more.
- "Never EVER apply for a job again without first getting an employee in that firm you've targeted to "refer" you." — Gerry Crispin
- "Finding and applying for a job is complicated - that means you must study each lead and customize each application very carefully; lots of jobs are available but apply right." — John O'Connor
- "Instead of saying 'I'm so great in xyz career and you should hire me,' good networkers say 'I have been really interested in xyz career, and have been setting up conversations with people to learn more about what's new in the field.'" — Kathy Robinson
- "Never take your career for granted. You should be constantly updating your skills and keeping your network viable." — Cheryl Palmer