Keep reading for the directions.
What You'll Need:
- Red yarn
- 8-inch foam round
- Hot glue gun
- String, scrap paper, letter stamps (optional)
- Select a hue of red string to use for creating the wreath. Working with a soft and fuzzy yarn creates a pretty wreath. Tie a long length of string around the foam round, and then begin wrapping the base, keeping the string close together so the foam doesn't show.
- When a length of yarn runs out, tie on another length, continuing to work until the entire wreath is covered with string. To create the felt flowers, start by cutting a circle around three inches in diameter from a sheet of felt.
- Now make a spiraling cut within the circle to use for rolling up the felt flower.
- Starting from the outside edge, begin rolling the felt together, working until the fabric is rolled to the end of the spiral.
- Now secure the rolled felt flower with a dot of hot glue on the underside of the flower.
- Arrange the felt flowers on the wrapped wreath with the hot glue gun.
- Finish the Valentine's Day wreath with a length of ribbon at the top to use for hanging. For an extra touch, you can cut a heart from scrap paper, use letter stamps to write a special message, and attach with a length of string.
- Hang the wreath on your front door or on a wall to show your festive spirit.