Keep reading for the directions.
What You'll Need:
- Lip gloss or minideodorant containers
- 1/3 cup shredded Fels-Naptha soap bar
- 1/4 cup shredded castile soap bar
- 1 tablespoon washing soda
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Small saucepan
- Mixing spoon
- Plastic bag
- Shred and measure the Fels-Naptha and castile soaps and add to a small saucepan. Measure and add the washing soda, vinegar, and water. Fels-Naptha and castile soaps can be found at your local grocery store for only a few dollars and work together to tackle tough stains. Vinegar keeps the mark from sticking to the fabric, and a touch of washing soda helps lift the stain later when doing laundry.
- Stir over low heat until the mixture melts together and has a pudding texture. Turn off heat and let cool for five minutes.
- Clean and dry the lip gloss or deodorant containers. While the stain stick mixture is still warm, spoon into a plastic bag and squeeze into one corner. Snip the edge and pipe into the lip gloss or deodorant container, tapping on your work surface to pack the stain stick into the small holders. Finish the tops by gently rubbing against the palm of your hand.
- Once the stick has cooled, top with the cap and it's ready to smooth on unwanted stains!
This makes enough stain stick to fill several lip gloss containers or two minideodorants — enough extra to share with a friend!
For more eco-friendly cleaning solutions, check out our favorite budget-friendly DIYs.