Celebrate the season with sparkling candles that cost hardly anything to make. Pick up dollar-store candles, some painters tape, and a can of metallic spray paint for quick candle transformations that make for special — and economical — holiday gifts or lovely festive decorations.
Keep reading for the easy directions.
What You'll Need:
- Dollar-store candles
- Painters tape
- Gold or silver spray paint
- Gather the materials, and decide on a design or pattern for the candles. You can create a zigzags, round or straight lines, or mod designs by crisscrossing lines of tape randomly.
- Use strips of tape to create the lines around the candles and also around the top of the candle to protect it from the spray paint.
- Continue covering the candles with tape designs, making them all different or keeping them the same. If you're making a set as a gift, sticking with a somewhat similar pattern will keep the candles consistent.
- Find a spot outdoors, and then protect the area with an old sheet or layers of newspaper. Spray the candles, covering them evenly.
- Allow the paint to dry for a couple hours, and then carefully remove the lengths of tape. Tie a ribbon around the finished candle, and they are ready for gift-giving!