You've worked hard this whole week, so it's time to sit back, relax, and enjoy the weekend! Give yourself a treat this weekend to feel rejuvenated and to make yourself feel good. Don't worry, treating yourself doesn't always mean pricey massages at the spa or weekend getaways. Here are plenty of wallet-friendly suggestions:
- Relive your Charlie and the Chocolate Factory memories and treat yourself to a bar of chocolate. Remember how Charlie savored each Willy Wonka chocolate bar? Eat yours in the same manner and relish every bite.
- Buy yourself a steak and cook it. It's much cheaper than going to a steak house! Eat it while drinking a glass of affordable red wine.
- Grab a few friends and go on a picnic in a nearby park.
- Watch reality show reruns or shows saved on your DVR with a bowl of chocolate ice cream.
- Explore a museum you've never been to.
- Reread your favorite book (maybe The Hunger Games?).
- Go to your local coffee shop and try a new coffee flavor. Bring your laptop with you and catch up with friends and relatives over email.
Read on for more.
- Take a walk around your neighborhood.
- Bake cookies and nibble on some of the cookie dough when you're stirring the mix.
- Watch funny animal videos on YouTube.
- Go see a movie you've been dying to see. No one to watch it with? Be bold and go alone!
- Take a relaxing bubble bath and play some soothing music in the background.
- Make time during your day to watch the sunset.
- Write a story or a poem or create your own art masterpiece.
- Work on a DIY project that you've been dying to try.
- Spend time catching up on celebrity news on POPSUGAR and click through the beautiful pictures.
- Moisturize yourself from head to toe.
- Go to an ice cream store and order your favorite flavor. Arrange to meet up with a friend to catch up over ice cream.
- Make your own face mask and give yourself a facial.
- Take a nap and feel well rested for the rest of the day. Don't be afraid to spend the whole day in pajamas . . . just because!
- Tell your honey to give you a massage. Make sure to tell him which parts he should focus on.
- Put up a hammock in your backyard and make good use of it.
Source: Flickr User jessicafm