- Print out online coupons before you hit the supermarket: Be sure to check out online coupon sites like Coupons.com, RedPlum.com, SmartSource.com, and CouponNetwork.com, which are apparently the best sites to print from. Further, "like" your favorite brands on Facebook to get access to some of the coupons they give out over the social media network.
- Skip the bleach and make your own natural mold killer: Known for its antiseptic properties, clove oil inhibits mold by attacking and killing the mold spores. Safe for use in small or large spaces, this recipe is great for keeping pesky mold away while naturally scenting and cleaning your home.
- Pick a unique wedding venue: A zoo, a carnival, a boat — "wedding" probably isn't the first thing that comes to mind when you think of these places, but trust us when we say they're great budget-friendly venue options for your big event.
- Take part in industry Twitter chats: One of the best things about Twitter is interacting with people you wouldn't necessarily meet in person. And one of the best ways to do that is by joining chats related to your field of interest. Not only will you have a reason to reach out to new contacts ("what did you mean when you said that in the chat?"), but you'll stay up to speed on what's going on in the industry.
Read on for more.
- Ask your interviewer this question: When the hiring manager asks you if you have more questions during an interview, take this as an opportunity to help him visualize you at the job. Ask questions like, "What is one thing I could accomplish in my first six months here that would have the most impact?" and "If I were chosen for this position, what would a regular day at work look like for me?" This helps the interviewer form a mental image of you being part of their team and company, which can make you more memorable.
- Start a Google Doc when planning a trip: Create a Google Doc and share it with the people you are going on the trip with. List your schedule in a spreadsheet, and color-code it to make important items stand out. You can draft a working itinerary and start by adding in flight and hotel information as it becomes available.
- Check out the supermarket for wedding cakes: There's a burgeoning trend of supermarket wedding cakes, and many are even adding fancy fondant designs and details. These grocery store wedding cakes can cost you about $300 — a bargain compared to specialty wedding cakes.
- Save your bottle caps to use with planters: You can use bottle caps and stick them on the bottom of small pots to make the planters look more fancy.
- Use baking soda to clean your mattress: No need for harsh chemicals or expensive concoctions — all you need is a box of baking soda to clean your mattress. The addition of essential oil gently scents your bed, helping to soothe and lull you to sleep.
- Pick a debt plan and stick to it: This couple paid off a $201,500 debt in five years by coming up with a debt-payoff plan and sticking to it. They both read The Total Money Makeover by debt guru Dave Ramsey and modified his plan to suit their situation.
Source: Instagram user starla027