- Sparkling bath: Pour one cup of apple cider vinegar in your commode and let sit for 30 minutes then flush. You can also use it to wipe counters, which cleans them while leaving a light apple scent.
- Repel fleas: Keep your pet (and your home) flea-free by giving cats and dogs a rinse with apple cider vinegar. Just avoid your furry friend's eyes, mouth, and nether regions.
- Facial toner: Dilute one part apple cider vinegar with two parts water and use as a toner. Apple cider vinegar naturally regulates the pH of your skin, and also softens and cleans.
- Sniffle buster: Feeling congested? Brew a hot cup of tea and add a splash of apple cider vinegar, which naturally breaks up mucus in the body.
- Shiny hair: Give your hair a bit of extra shimmer by adding a tablespoon of vinegar to four cups of warm water and rinsing through your hair after conditioning.
- Sunburn relief: Sometimes areas get missed by sunblock — apple cider vinegar to the rescue! Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to your favorite soothing lotion and smooth over red skin. The apple cider vinegar helps neutralize the burn and relieve the irritation.
Read on for more cool uses.
- Natural deodorant: Instead of reaching for commercial deodorant, swipe a cotton ball dipped in apple cider vinegar under arms. The vinegar smell dissipates once it's dry and it fights bad smells all day long.
- Bad kitty: If you've got a cat that behaved badly indoors, first clean the area then spritz with apple cider vinegar to keep her from peeing in the same spot again.
- Air freshener: Got a stinky room? Spritz apple cider vinegar to neutralize the oder and leave the space smelling fresh.
- Happy body: When feeling sluggish, toss back a shot of apple cider vinegar. Not the tastiest thing, but the vinegar helps regulate the body's pH, and results in a natural boost in energy.
- Weed killer: If you've got a garden full of weeds, mix together one part apple cider vinegar to eight parts water and spray on the pesky intruders. The mixture kills the weeds without harming surrounding plants.
- Whiten teeth: Rub apple cider vinegar on teeth to help remove stains. Rinse with water after applying.
- Foot relaxer: If your tootsies are tired after a long day, treat them to an at-home spa treatment by soaking them in hot apple cider vinegar. Along with soothing sore muscles, apple cider vinegar reduces swelling and softens skin.
- Digestive helper: If may seem strange to fight a grumbly stomach with vinegar, but drinking a teaspoon of vinegar mixed with a glass of cool water helps break down food and reduce symptoms of acid reflux and heartburn.
- Dandruff buster: Instead of suffering with itchy dandruff, treat naturally with apple cider vinegar. Mix with equal parts water and spray onto hair. Massage into the scalp and let sit for 30 minutes. Rinse and enjoy dandruff-free hair. This treatment is safe to use as often as needed until dandruff disappears.